1. Be goal oriented daily. Long term goals are excellent; the real question is what do you want to achieve TODAY. Create a morning or evening ritual to write down your daily goals. Know why you want to achieve them.
2. Focus on the results you want. To do lists are activities, not results. There is a certain sense of satisfaction in checking activities off your to do list, but only if they produce the result you want. I.E. a listing, a sale contact or a lease. Those are the results for which we are paid.
3. Take proactive action. CRE agents are often too good at reacting to whatever comes their way. Taking action on the results you want creates positive feedback, creates more and better ideas, and increases your confidence that you are on track.
4. Be people oriented. Technology is fine, but this is a people business. Get out of the dugout and onto the field. The more people you meet, the more business you will do.
5. Develop a healthy lifestyle to ensure that you have the energy and stamina to last through the week. Stay hydrated to avoid afternoon fatigue. Take short breaks to keep your mind clear and learn something new to feed your spirit. Be grateful.
6. Act with integrity and honesty. Be the trusted advisor who helps people make informed decisions through ethical representation.
7. Exercise self-discipline. Be in command and control of your day and maintain high standards. Create the balanced life you want. It’s not hard to create a balanced life, it’s hard to stay focused on having a balanced life.